Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Damn window

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Z3PR, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Damn it, winter is comming up fast, and this afternoon the drivers window popped out of it's track. It's got power windows. I have no tools right now. Never had one pop out like that. Luckly I've got the window back up so I won't get rained on. I think I'm going too have too take it to a shop. Sucks !!!!

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, it went out completely yesterday. Wouldn't roll up at all. So I took it too the body shop this morning. It's going too cost over $400.00 *&^# !!!!!!! What can ya do ?? It has too be fixed. They gave me a loaner car too drive. Thing has very bad breaks, so I'm kind of afraid too go anywhere with it. I hope they'll have my car fixed before the day is over.

3. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

400 bucks for a regulator? OUCH

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

GM changed the design. They don't even make the original design regulator anymore, and ofcorse my original motor for the electric window will not work with the new design. Had too have everything changed out. Sucked big time, but I had too be able too get the window up.

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Huh they changed the design but no recall...thats a bunch of bull if ya ask me. I woulda asked the shop to call around to a salvage yard to find an old style regulator

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The salvage yards will only sell them out of doors that are damaged, because they can't sell the door without it. Then chances are it's damaged also. Oh well, money's already been spent.

7. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

only 60 bucks for a regulator reman around here

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

For a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS coupe (2-door) ??? We called all over and nobody around here had the old design. The new design uses a different window motor.

9. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

scratch that, i assumed it was for a chevy truck, my fault

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hahaha, you don't work in the auto industry do you? I have to say, I believe at least 75% of the parts on a Ford vehicle have at least one updated design in their lifetime. Some have MANY. I looked up a part for a focus once, it had gone through 25 updates... 25! Its not just a Ford thing, just the one I have most experience with.

Ok that is all. Sorry to say that sucks for you Z3PR. GMs regulators as of the late 90s have gone to crap from what I hear. A friend and I were discussing how Ford has bad motors, GM bad regulators, and Dodge bad switches. We said they should get together and design a GOOD system. But we realized that being as auto engineers are issued glass stomachs (for how far up their asses their heads are), they would leave that design session with, a Ford Motor, GM Regulator, and Dodge Switch....

11. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

nope cant say that I do. 25 changes that freaking nuts. I spose thats why I like the old trucks so much, easy to find parts for