Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

damned crows

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by spongeidys, Sep 1, 2006.

1. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

for the past week an annoying group of crows has been liveing outside my house, they just sit in my yard outside my window and make noise for hours

if i run out to chase them away they just fly in the trees to wait till i return to my house and they start the noise makeing cycle all over again

anyone have any ideas how to get rid of them without harming them?

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Firecrackers. Or a waterhose. Or an airsoft gun. Just don't let them see you so you can take them by surprise.

3. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Or you can get one of these...........bwahahaha. Get ready for some freaked out crows!!!!!!!!

http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php?pic=38

dont know if its a repost, but sooooo funny. I almost feel sorry for the guy they stalk with that freaking horn. I think it would work on crows though, and I wouldnt buy their system unless you have the cash the spare since they are pretty pricey. I would just get an ebay knockoff.

Regards,
    Remington

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

What ever you do get video of it... LOL

5. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

A good 12 gauge will take care of some crows... listed as nuisance birds in most states :D

6. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i shoot a few hundred a year, but thats the only way i know to get them to go away for awhile. :D but if you dont want to hurt them bottle rockets and Firecrackers might work. :D

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

you too huh??..

They haven't been a problem so far here,this year,but in past years I've had thousands of crows and blue-jays having a war in the trees beside my shop every day for a month...I ran out of fireworks,and the cops came every time I blew an M-80 off to scare them off,so I had to find a better and more "legal" solution..

I had a huge air horn off an old 18 Wheeler gathering dust in my shop--I hooked it to my air compressor,and at 110 psi,it really lets its presence be known!..U used it for a week or two,every time I heard them gathering in the trees,and they were all in its branches,I'd give it a long blast!--and thousands of them would fly off all at once!...and they didn't return for quite a while..( I was hoping to get a horn off an MBTA train from a friend--but they gaurd them like gold at fort knox--those things REALLY blast !:laugh: )..

I've found its handy to remind my a**hole neighbors that their DOG is barking at 3 am too,or that their party is getting out of hand after midnight!--so far,it hasn't detered the kid across the street with his dirt bike..I might get arrested if I keep it up,but if they can make noise --SO CAN I !!!..

If the crows return,I'm looking into making a propane cannon...maybe I can make one that shoots projectiles,and take out that yapping mutt 2 houses away..:thinking:

8. Roland_Jenkins

Roland_Jenkins Registered Member

Propane cannon set to go off every 15 minutes or so will get rid of the crow problem. You'll also get to know your neighbors . . . and the police :)

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I'm dealing with the same problem here only they don't appear for no reason.
    My neighbor is feeding them and has been since before I bought this house.
    I could hear them land on the roof every morning at 6:30 am everyday.
    I finally got out some aluminum and made some "T" brackets with holes so I could string fishing line across the peak of my roof to keep them off (it works).
    Now, every morning after my 1st cup of Joe, I either shoot them with my BB gun or take out the starter pistol and send them flying. I don't want to kill them but if they keep it up, it will be hurting time.
    I'm also thinking about recording them so I can play it back on my 400W stereo at midnight for my neighbors to pay them back.
    Another step I'm considering is feeding them large amounts of rice which will make them explode all over my neighbors place
    :thinking: :thinking: What to do.
    I'm also open for ideas but I don't want to piss off my other neighbors. Ideas?
    BTW, time to get to bed soon for the morning hunt ..... J/K :D

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Quoting one of the best shows ever to air on TV (the Simpsons):

Its a murder honey....A group of crows is called a murder....
    -Harrison