Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Damnit...I need a drink...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Aug 10, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nov 23, 2004

Work went well, second to last day of my summer job so I'm psyched about that, a road trip is starting on Saturday so I'm happy about that too...

But I'm totally unprepared, haven't packed, thought out exact routes, anything. The car still needs it's oil changed as does my normal truck and my trail truck. I get back from said road trip one day before I move in to my dorm, which again, I'm totally unprepared for. The friend that I am going on said road trip with was supposed to come over so we could work some things out tonight, and he just ditched me for a damn chick. I was out at a farm working on the bogger and trying to get things done so I could kiss it goodbye 'till christmas break and cleaned up and came back to town specifically for him, and now the asshole bailed. On top of that, I have a whole list of **** to do before I put it away for the winter, which includes, but is not limited to:

-change ALL fluids
    -remove tailgate and topper, cap tailgate wiring
    -paint steering components that were never painted in the first place (my own dumb fault)
    -tap steering box and run hydro assist lines
    -pull boggers and put on ****ty 235's for storage
    -get my garage organized again from the initial build
    -paint seat brackets and mount new seats
    -figure out how much tubing I need for a little christmas break project ;)
    -get an old set of front fenders to lengthen fronts so the core support can remain where it is when I narrow it
    -line up a CUCV battery tray to relocate batteries up next to firewall
    -get a serpentine clutch for a york that actually works
    -try and figure out how much a custom made cab curtain is going to cost me :eek1:

...and the list goes on, there's no way I'm gonna get this stuff done tomorrow night and Friday, and I'm too tired to head back out there at the moment. If we didn't already have reservations, I'd tell him the damn trip was off for him being a dumbass about it...being pissed off at the person you're going to spend 11 days with is not a good way to start a trip...so for lack of anything more constructive to do (that I actually have the energy for) I need a beer.
  2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Sep 25, 2003
    So go get a drink, and stop whining about it :D
  3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nov 24, 2000
    Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    It's tough when you have too much going on and not much help.
    I also have way to much going on so don't feel bad, just do what you can and hang in there, it will all work out.
    Here is my list-
    Yesterday, had to clean up for a house showing.
    Today, have a new guy starting with my company
    meet prospective buyer at 11:30
    clean/rake the arena we are meeting at
    install a boiler system by Sat.
    Start a $30G in-floor system
    get ready for a trip to Mich. next wed.
    and the list goes on and on!
    my dad just got into town yesterday too.

It's just the way it goes I guess, I just do what I can and hope for the best.