Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Damp?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bking, May 16, 2001.

1. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

I washed my truck the other night with a powerwasher, next morning it wouldn't start, a day later it did start with a jump.
    Rained all last night, this morning it won't start. Cranking normally, not firing, I thought it was the ignition module, but it started eventually a few days ago and has been running and starting sweet every since. I took off the distributor cap this morning looking for condensation, but it was bone dry inside...Anyone any ideas?

2. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

ok, again I got it started with jumper cables...Running normally.
    I did notice a jet of water from the tail pipe, about a cupfull? what the hell is up????

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I was thinking ignition module may have gotten wet or somehting. as with the distributor. Something is getting wet. Im not an ignition expert, but if it is crankling and not firing and only after rain and pressure washing, it cant be much. And whatever it is has to be right there close to or on the firewall.

At least that was the i dont know what the hell Im talking about other than common since trial and error troubleshooting. Sorry I wasnt no "real" help.

Will work for beer, parts and tools.
    90-350TBI-TCI700-241-33"-10/12 bolt w/4.10's,
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</A>

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Probably got water in somewhere... I wouldn't worry about the water from the tailpie unless it is a lot and a common occurance. It could be cap, ign module (doubtful), or the plug wires. I good test is get the truck started and take a spray bottle of water and wet down the plug wires and dist cap to see if they have any cracks... it will start idling rough, miss, etc. when you hit a crack or whatever is leting water in. Be sure to check ithe coil wire too if equipped.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI