Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dan Rather

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So whats Your thoughts on the guy?
    I just dont see how He can report a story with his nose stuffed up Kerrys ass /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The NRA hates him, and so do I.

TURN OFF DAN RATHER.

3. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

yeah...is he still reporting? cuz i think i started to ignore him in 7th grade-and i didn't care about the news then....

4. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

What do you think of him reporting on forged documents? He will do anything to bash Bush... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

rather has been in last place among TV anchors for a while now... he's pretty clearly a liberal and normal americans dont like it. This forged document story, IMO, isnt an anomoly, its just an instance of rather's cronies getting caught...

j

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

A lot of you guys probably don't remember when Dan Rather verbally abused President George H. W. Bush on national television back in 1988 or so (don't remember exact date). Rather turned into the most rude, obnoxiuos "interviewer" I'd ever seen. It was like he suddenly turned into a "National Enquirer" paparazzi (sp). I lost all respect for the man at that very moment and I thought he should have been fired for berating the president to his face. It's fine to have a personally different opinion and disagree with the president, but NOT on national TV while interviewing the president. Rather's job as a reporter does not afford him that luxury.

Kenneth - what's the frequency?

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

8. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

There are some pretty interesting articles about Dan Rather here.

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    A lot of you guys probably don't remember when Dan Rather verbally abused President George H. W. Bush on national television back in 1988 or so (don't remember exact date). Rather turned into the most rude, obnoxiuos "interviewer" I'd ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I remember the interview. I think it was after the Gulf War just prior to the '92 election. I think he has a personal vendetta with the Bush family. But what do You expect from a liberal who was groomed by the one of the worst liberals of them all Walter Cronkite /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

11. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I remember that interviewe quite well. Let me tell you a true story that illustrates the class and compassion of the Bush family in general. One day during the Bush Sr. White House days the Secret Service gets a call to go to the airport and pick up Jeb Bush and his family in for a visit. They load up the limos and the Suburban (which is tricked to the gills let me tell you). They pick up Jeb and some of the family members including their pet dog. The dog gets put in the Burb for the ride back to the White House. When they get there, low and behold the pup had decided to pinch off a steamer in the back of the Burb. Everybody piles out of the limo and the Burb. All the SS guys of course are looking at each other to figure out who gets the fun cleanup assignment. Well, you can figure that it boiled down to a seniority thing. The senior guy laughs and goes inside. One by one it works its way down the line to the FNG who shrugs with resignation and gets ready to do the deed. But, as this happens, here comes Jeb from back inside with a bucket and a mop. The Presidents son proceeds to clean up the dog crap by himself rather than stick some poor SS rookie with the job. I've several other stories about the class exhibited by Bush Sr., but that will suffice. For the most part, for the whole family, what you see on TV is the real deal. Not like Billy Jeff that was about as two-faced as you could get. The stories I could tell on him..........

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah to bad Kitty Kelley is coming out with Her new book this week to trash the Bush's /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Chris Matthews on Hardball pinned her into a corner pretty bad last night. Apparently, her book contains no nameable sources, and they're almost all second hand. The book that exposes the rumors!