Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 20 question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Murph, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Murph

Murph Registered Member

My brother is swapping out my Dad's 3-on-the-tree with a TH350 and is having problems mating to the existing transfer case, which I believe to be a Dana 20. Is this a lost cause, or is there an adapter for a TH350/Dana 20? I know the NP205 would be a nice upgrade, but my Dad is not wanting to put out much $ on this truck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

To my knowledge, there isn't an adapter out there to mate a TH-350 with a Dana 20. I think it would be easier in the long run to find a NP 205 or 203 with the TH-350 adapter with it. I know this will cost some money, but these are both very common combinations, so either combo shouldn't be too hard to find. Plus, the driveshafts will have to be modified. Hope this helps

Will

3. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

they only put 20's behind the 3 and 4speeds. they put 205's in all of the auto's. i would update to a 205 just because i just got through braking my 20 and yes i swapped in a 205.