Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 300

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tomseviltwin, Nov 9, 2003.

1. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Hey, why not? 4:1 kit available and 32 spline output.

2. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey, why not? 4:1 kit available and 32 spline output.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was originally designed to go behind anemic engines in light weight vehicles. That being said, you can build one that will probably survive in a full size application, but with anything, if you throw enough time and money at it, it will work.

They never came behind any GM tranny, so an adapter will be a must. I think they range somewhere aorund $300 from AA.

The gears in these t-cases aren't near as strong as a NP 205, 203, 241, etc. or any full size t-case.

On the plus side, they can be had for about $100-$200, are shorter than many t-cases, especially a slip yoke model, and like you said, 32 spline REAR up grades and 4:1 kits are available for not too much coin. It is rumored that someone is coming out with a 32 spline front output upgrade, I have yet to see one so I am not sure.

Bear in mind, people do still break these t-cases, even with aforementioned upgrades. It will not be an Atlas or Doubler. Search the PBB for anything you might want to know about these t-cases. MANY people on there run them with good results. I am currently building one for a customer with all of the goodies you listed, plus flipping it for a driver's drop and throwing on a twin stick.