Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 44 8 lug outer question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Mar 4, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My buddy is thinking about doing a 3/4 ton swap on his 99 Ram. Is the dana 44 in the dodge the same as swapping over a GM 44? Can he use GM parts to do it? Thanks

2. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

dunno if it helps, but i put a dodge d/44 in my k5. it was a snap. . .
    if a snap includes mating chevy stub shafts to dodge inner shafts, re-drilling the passenger spring plate to accomodate the bolts coming out of the pumpkin, grinding the passenger side axle tube to fit the u bolt. . .but that was about all. really, it was fairly easy. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Mainly just wondering if he can use Ram 2500 outers to convert the front?

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

In all honesty Brian, not trying to be rude but....Why not just sell the 1/2 ton dodge and buy a 3/4 or 1 ton dodge around the same year and gain the ISB cummins that can make some crazy power along with it having a front d60 and rear d80 factory. It would seem to be the expensive route at first but would save a lot of time and money because the whole drivetrain wouldn't need to be beefed up not to mention 20 miles p/gallon. Just what I would do. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif