Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 44 8 lug ?'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TrcksR4ME, Feb 18, 2002.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Dana 44 8 lug ?\'s

I am going to swap in an 8 lug d-44 and I know the donor is gonna need hubs. Are these the same as the 6 lug version, or are there diff hubs you need to get?

Also comes the issue of new rims. Since Im currently running 15'' tires, I want to keep these after the swap. What kind of availability is there for 15" 8 lug rims? Was wanting to get some black steel rims, nothing fancy.

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: Dana 44 8 lug ?\'s

Not sure on the hubs, but ithink they are different. And on the rims..15" 8 lugs are availible..and yes steel is your only choice. Summit, stockton, bart..and others all have 15" 8 lugs

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

3. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Hubs, as in your manual locking hubs or the hub assembly that your rotor attaches too? If you mean the locking hub, yes they are the same as long as you got the same "generation" axle. If your talking about the Hub assembly then no they are not the same.

And as far as rims, If you do a search, you'll find many post on this where people have listed where they have gotten their 15" 8 lug rims. I got mine locally for about $60 each mounted and balance.

BE <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue> BUY <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue>!!!!

So Cal Big Dawgs are coming to a wheeling spot near you!!

4. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Hubs are the same and Summit Racing is where I bought my 15X8 rims with 3.5" backspacing and 8 lugs for $26.95 (included shipping).

David

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.extremeblazer.com>ExtremeBlazer</a>

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

My bad, I remembered the hub thing after I posted this late last night, I meant just the locking hubs on the 44, not the whole assembly. I didn't think it would be hard to get rims, but one of my friends thought it was more difficult for some reason, oh well...

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

The hubs are the same as long as they are the internal style. If they are not, then you can get Warns/Superwinch ......

Just an additional $0.02 [​IMG]

Kyle
    89K5

7. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

some early 44's has external hubs, they look closer to a dana 60 hub. if both axles are internal hubs you are set. if you have an external 8 lug 44 you are looking at almost 200 bucks for a set of warn premium replacements.

8. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Holy crap where are you buying them from?
    I priced a set for mine and it was $119.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

9. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

I'm doing the same as you. I just priced some white steel wheels (I couldn't find any 15X10 8 luggers in black) at Discount Tire. They are 44.00 bucks each. I'll paint them black.

<font color=red>"PROCRASTINATE NOW!!!"</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine</a>

10. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Well I got the axle today, and I'm not sure what to look for as to whether it is internal or external hubs. But I got a 14ff w/ u bolts and plates, the dana 44 8 lug, a 205 t-case, rear springs, and a power steering pump for $600. Think I did ok. :)

Have to call the local tire place and ask about the rims still, hopefully I will not hear the words...."huh, 8 lug on a Blazer..." lol