Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana 44 and 10 bolt differences

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazd88, Aug 18, 2004.

1. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know the exact differences between the two. can the steering knuckles be swapped between the two? Axles swap? im wanting to swap my 10 bolt to 8 lug and i have an 8 lug dana 44. id swap it in completely if the gears werent eaten to bits. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Everything from the axle u-joint outward is identical, including the knuckles.

The inner axle shafts, housing and differential are different.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, really!? So all this time I've been searching for an 8 lug D44 for parts to convert mine to 8 lug, and any 3/4 ton 4x4 will do? So to reiterate, for a 6 to 8 lug conversion on my '73 D44, all I need is the spindle, hub, caliper bracket and backing plate from a 3/4 ton?
    Sorry for the hijack.

4. blueblaze

blueblaze 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, really!? So all this time I've been searching for an 8 lug D44 for parts to convert mine to 8 lug, and any 3/4 ton 4x4 will do? So to reiterate, for a 6 to 8 lug conversion on my '73 D44, all I need is the spindle, hub, caliper bracket and backing plate from a 3/4 ton?
    Sorry for the hijack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this will help... web page

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe this will help... web page

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif