Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 44 and 14 FF

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lehtola, Aug 21, 2002.

1. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

Some of you might remember me posting a message on a set of axles I found that I wanted. This Dana 44 and 14FF came off of a 78 Chevy and the guy is asking $1000. Well needless to say...many of you responded...(much obliged). The consensus was that that price was way to high. I thought maybe I could talk the guy down since I looked around on the web and saw that I coul get a 14 bolt for $350 on the high end and a Dana 44 for as much too. While trying to talk to the guy he said nope...$1000 as is. That's his lowest price. "If I can't sell them for that I'll just hang on to them for 10 years"...so he says...told me he sells them all the time. Oh well...Somebody else can buy'em. I can get a dang K20 sitting in a tobacco field for that much in good ole eastern NC. What do you guys...and gals think?

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I agree, patience is a virtue. I got a free K20 with those same axles, and I also got a low mileage 350, TH350 and NP205, and various other parts that I don't really need along with it.

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    This Dana 44 and 14FF came off of a 78 Chevy and the guy is asking $1000.

[/ QUOTE ] hey could find out what that fella was smoking it sure sounds good /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif . i gotta 14FF 4.10 for sale in Atlanta fer $200.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

WOW...$1000 for a D44 and a 14FF. That's about the most expensive I've heard. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

What gears were in it? Any locker's?

Keep loooking... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Screw that deal and that guy!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

That's just too much for "as-is" axles. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

If you can wait about a week or two, I will have a set of 3/4 ton axles from an '80 Sub to sell you if you are interested.

To make the deal sweet for you, drive over to my place and pick them up for $500. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif