Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 44/ Dana 60 ????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sarazk5, Jun 28, 2001.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I just came across a guy that has a dana 44 front and a dana 60 rear with 4.11 gears. Rear has posi but no locker. He wants 700 for both. How good of a deal is this? They are complete ready to go on. Front came off a Chevy, Rear came off a Dodge, but both are centered. Should I go for this? He said if I bought them he would work a deal on the price. So I'm thinking I may be able to get them for 600. What are they worth? If i decide i don't want them what could I get for them? Etc.??? Also if anyone else is interested in them I could refer ya.

Sara

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Measure the flange to flange width of both to make sure the width is close. Also pull a shaft to make sure its not 16 spline. You will have to move the spring pads and shock mounts in the rear and change the u-joint. You may also have to change the brakelines and p-brake cables.</font color=blue>

3. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    "Front came off a Chevy, Rear came off a Dodge,
    but both are centered."

If the front is indeed centered go for it !

4. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Am I missing something? Why would you want a centered front axle?

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

In my opinion, $600 is not that great of a deal for these axles. The Dana 44 front is no better than what you currently have, with the exception that the 4.10 gears are probably better than what you currently have. Around here, Dana 44 or 10-bolt fronts (basically equivalent in strength) go from between $100-$250, with 250 definitely being on the high side. Are you sure the front is "centered", if so it won't work.

The rear 60 would kind of worry me because the only rear 60's I know of that came in GM trucks were back in the 60's or early 70's......meaning that some modifications would probably be needed to put it in your truck. Price wise, rear 60's from Ford and Dodge trucks are pretty common and can be had for about the same price range as the front 44's or 10-bolts.

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I second what 6.2Blazer is saying! To much$$

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099</A>