Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 44 front??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FunBlazer, Aug 27, 2002.

1. FunBlazer

FunBlazer Registered Member

I am pretty sure I have a dana44 in the front of my blazer, but only a 10 bolt out back, my question is I thought the dana was paired with the 12 bolt. Is there a code for the dana44 that I could find in the glove box to make sure I have the original diffs in my blazer?? Thanks

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

well, by your bio (88 model) you prolly have front/rear 10 bolts.

3. FunBlazer

FunBlazer Registered Member

I must have goofed on my profile, It's a 87 and the front diff looks just like the dana 44 thats for-sale in the 4-sale section, so maybe someone changed it for me. Is the dana44 a strong diff compared to the 10 bolt??

4. 83PJW

83PJW 1/2 ton status

the 10 bolt is pretty much the same as a dana 44. the only differance is the axle shaft length. im not sure the exact mesurements but i know the dana has a longer driver side axle and a shorter passenger side axle.

5. BryanL

BryanL Registered Member

The upper right side of the pumpkin, on the cover side, will probably have a "44" on it. Dig under the dirt, hopefully it's there.

Bryan