Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 44 hubs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ramses, Nov 2, 2005.

1. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

The plastic piece that you turn to lock the hubs in on my 44 finally broke yesturday and I cant find one anywhere. Its the old style with the big hubs and no one has any around here. Id put a set of Warns on it if I planned on running it much longer but im putting a 60 under it in the spring so I dont wanna waste my money. Is there any place that would have them or is my best bet to just keep looking in junkyards? I only need the plastic knob, it seems like someone would sell them considering how many times ive seen broken ones. Also, could it have broken because the hub wasnt locked in all the way? That was my guess as to the cause, because I let someone else lock them in for me and I figure they didnt get one locked all the way. If it wasnt engaged all the way could that break it?

2. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Autozone used to sell a cheap set of Mile Marker street hubs for about $30 or $40. I don't know if they still sell them or not though.

Rick

4. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

So no one knows where to get any parts for early model Dana 44 hubs?