Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana 44 question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PineyPower, Feb 26, 2003.

1. PineyPower

PineyPower Registered Member

ok i had a ten bolt up front and got a danna 44 from one of my buddys.Well the danna 44 had the gears to match my back rear so i was just going to gut the 44 and swap the gaers and axels.Well when i did i found out that the gears would not just slide in like i had hoped.So now I am stuck between a rock and a hard spot.I yanked the 10 bolt out and started to bolt the 44 up under the truck and found out that where the steering arm mounts up to the knuckle there is 3in block (what is this and do i need to use it.the 10bolt didn`t have this.)So i tried to take it off broke 2 big ass pry bars a 1 screw driver so far.Can i just take the spindel off the 10 bolt and put in on the 44??? Will that work and can i use my rotors from the 10 bolt on the 44?? Man i wish the gears woul have just slid into the 10 bolt housing..help please

2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

The block is to raise the steering arm on a lifted truck. I believe that everything from the knuckles out will swap between a 10 blt and D44. You might try doin a search, I know this has been covered before.

3. PineyPower

PineyPower Registered Member

ok thaNKS

4. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Everything from the knuckles out can be switched just not mixed and matched (spindles changed sizes at some point) the rotors will interchange.