Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana 44 rotor Q's

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Mar 6, 2002.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

dana 44 rotor Q\'s

ok i know not too much about front axle stuff, just a little bit of stuff since i have disassembled a 72 blazer once and have helped with repairs a 82 K-10 a couple times in the past

are the dana 44 rotors supposed to be not seperable from the hub gears housing part of the rotor ? or was this only certain years ? i thought rotors were supposed to slip off the hub like on FF rear axles ? howcome they didnt make em like that ?

thanks for anything

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Re: dana 44 rotor Q\'s

They do come apart. They are held together with the wheel lugs. You have to press/beat them out to change the rotor and then press/beat them back in. I have a brass drift I use on stuff like that so I don't mess up the threads.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

but howcome there is no parting line to be seen ? i dont see anywhere for them to separate, it does make snes that the rotor and flat flange should coem off the middle hub deal, but i cant find separation line or anything, must really be minute ?

thanks

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Triaged is correct!! They do come apart! Most auto parts shops that sell the rotors can also repress them for ya and even with new studs!!

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

wild stuff, cant tell by looking at them that the separate !

Im gonna have to closely reinspect the one i pulled off the 72 blazer and see what the heck is up with that, wierd.,,,,,

odd...

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

The rotor goes on the inboard side of the hub. The hub flange is a bit larger than the rotor.

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

thats opposite of what I thought it could do, i assumed the rotor would slip on over the poutboard side of the hub like on a full floating rear axle(dana60FF)

wierd !
    im trying to locate where i stashed the rotor/hub combo that i saved so I can check this out, it may be in the scrapped out limousine buried... hmmm.... glad its 55 outside today !!! woo hoo

thanks

-R

8. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

So is 55* warm?...It is a cold 65* hear today!

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

55 is smokin for march up here, im not even gonna check to see where you are, i already have a good idea of that ! lol

youre just makin me want to get the hay out of this land of damn corn fields and road salt and nothin else, even more !

have fun !

-R