Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 44 tech article...... its done baby!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uglychevyZZ4, Jan 26, 2003.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

please leave comments here not there, wanna leave it clean for Q & A /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    lemmie know what you think.
    BLOODY KNUCKLE

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

" Atta Boy "

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. uglychevyZZ4

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i knew it a-hole /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Going to have to re-read that a couple of times. Diagrams would be really helpfull. Exploded views would be nice too but can prolly find those in a manual. The exploded views would help identifiy all the parts involved. I don't plan on doing this myself but tech writeups like this help me to understand what is taking place and could help me in the future for a trail breakdown... What about lockers?

5. uglychevyZZ4

If anyone needs bigger, or different pics, email me, i just made them 375 pixel so the page didnt take a year to load /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    Id like to see ya find those d44 pics anywhere, you wont /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. uglychevyZZ4

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Diagrams would be really helpfull.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif diagrams? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif if that isnt enough to install 4 bearings and 2 gears, with a total of 5-7 hand tools required, maybe consider a prefessional /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. uglychevyZZ4

I took me an extra week to finish just for trial and error to have a super easy write up and good pics, i didnt take many diff pics since they are really unnecessary, all the labor is in the shop on the bench except the install and thats self explanatory, if you take it out, you know the process /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif damnit. that sux. oh well. soon i will be able to see it. later

jacob

10. uglychevyZZ4

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    DRAGON BALL Z SUX

[/ QUOTE ] GRRRRRRRRRR /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif ok WANKER, you are out of chances, you will soon pay for that /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

rob did you seriously just notice that? i've had that on there since we talked bout it. lol. i might take it off tho. i'm thinkin bout it. nahhhhhh /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

jacob

12. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Rob... I wasn't puting your tech article down at all. You gotta understand that I am not a professional mechanic. I was just answering your call for constructive critisism on what would make your article better for people like ME. Non Professionals. After all ,,,, if you're writing a tch article for professionals then it is fine. But for people new to the "SPORT" like me and not a profesional mechanic, I need exploded views and more pictures and everything else you can do to make my rebuild a success instead of a suck a$$ job. I can get a suck A$$ job from just about any ASE certified mechanic in my town. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Keep in mind that I got more out of your article than talking to a hundred sport enthusiasts in the last year but I would personaly need more to do it myself. So who are you trying to please? Us un educated guys and gals or the pros...??? Please take my critisism with a little grain of salt. I like ya bro! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. uglychevyZZ4

oh hell no i didnt think you were hackin me at all /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i was trying to say in my jackass way that
    " if you take it apart, it'll make sense " /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    The only thing the article dont explain is how to use the hand tools, other than that if you remove the cover you'll get it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. uglychevyZZ4

TTT for anyone who missed it this weekend /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Ya gotta be amember to see it? I get an 'Access Denied' window. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

16. uglychevyZZ4

Yep, gotta be a member to get in the Bloody Knuckle.. thats where all the good tech stuff is, send steve 25.00 and become a member,, youll get thAT back 100 fold trust me, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

[Mr Burns voice=on] E X C E L L E N T [Mr Burns voice=off]

18. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Be glad when I turn orange.Then I can show off my beatup 88,SFA,on 38s /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif