Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 44 TRE's?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zcarczar, Jan 7, 2004.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Dana 44 TRE\'s?

Does anybody happen to have the part # for the Dana 44 drop TRE's? I cant run a 10 bolt tie rod because it hits my springs and I thought the Dana 44's had the special drop TRE's to clear the springs.

Thanks

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Re: Dana 44 TRE\'s?

They do, but one side is part of the entire tie rod itself. Where the other side uses a connecting sleeve.

I however do not know the part number. A quick search on autozone.com or other with the right vehicle will get you the numbers you need.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Both my 74 and 75 D44's have that dropped TRE that your needing, and he's right, the one side IS part of the actual tie rod. So do a search on one of those 2(there are probably a few more, but those 2 I do know have what you need /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Try this number ES375R.

5. JDNobodi

JDNobodi 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    They do, but one side is part of the entire tie rod itself. Where the other side uses a connecting sleeve.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the 73 to 76 style. If you want to make a heavy duty tie rod, use the 68-72 style TREs. Both are short yet each have either LH and Rh threads. Sorry, I don't have any part numbers.

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you want to make a heavy duty tie rod, use the 68-72 style TREs. Both are short yet each have either LH and Rh threads. Sorry, I don't have any part numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Perfect Circle part numbers are ES375L(Left) and ES375R(Right). I think Moog uses the same numbers. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I think I paid about $35 each for the Perfect Circles for my tie rod. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif