Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 44 TTB

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by burton, Jun 27, 2001.

1. burton

burton Newbie

Does anyone know how to get the right axel shaft out of the diff housing?
    Thanks
    Joe

2. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Someone told me there is a c-clip in there !
    Might not be so much fun to get to the c-clip, you may have to remove the case(pumpkin) from the twim beam.

3. burton

burton Newbie

yes I already checked for the c clip but couldn't find one. Supposivly it can be pulled out but I haven't had any luck. There is also a slip yoke on it and I can't pull the axel out of that either. Is there any way I could get a slide hammer on it? Any suggestions are more than welcome because I am out of ideas.
    Thanks,
    Joe

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Try posting this on the main board. It will get answered with alot better responses and quicker. Dont mind Executioner, he likes to mess with people. I think he REALLY knows his stuff, but since a little "arguement" a while back he has been bitter and doesnt want state what he knows, so he just gives some crazy @ss answers and play these little games. Anyways, put it on the main board and they will be glad to lead you in the right direction.

5. burton

burton Newbie

Well I finally got the damm thing out. I had to get a bolt that threaded into the end of the axel shaft and attach a slide hammer to it to get the slip shaft apart. Those things are great. Then I had to hammer the stub shaft out. What a pain. That stupid bearing is pressed onto the axel keeping me from replacing the little seal. Guess I will have to take it to the shop.
    Thanks a lot guys,
    Joe