Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dANA 44 YOKE QUESTION?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crowley, Mar 13, 2005.

1. crowley

crowley Registered Member

I'm building a D44HD from '76 sub, I've seen a few places offering a 1350 u-joint yoke conversion...good idea/bad idea? Any input would be great thanks.

Also I need to find the correct SPI # for the spindles as well.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yes you can get a 1350 Yoke for the D44. I would check with Jesse at HAD (High Angle Driveline). I don't see any problem doing this conversion but 1350 is the largest i would run on a D44. Depending on how you wheel your rig, how you use the skinny pedal and how large of tires you go makes or breaks the livelyhood of a D44 axle IMHO.

The SBk kit you're looking for is an SBK-1. :thumb:

3. crowley

crowley Registered Member

beleive it or not my D44 build up is going to consists of chromoly shafts, CTM u joints, loc-rite, and 4.10's. The rubber is going to be 42x14x16 Iroks. :) I know what your thinking now :confused: , but it should work out okay, I'm slow and easy on the rocks, dont do much mud, little street. The P/N I was looking for was for the actual D44 3/4 ton spindle...do you have that as well?