Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 44

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Lane, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Lane

Lane Registered Member

Does anybody know what the different ring and pins were in Dana 44's? I have a 79 gmc 1/2ton and I am wondering what I can swap with.

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I am not sure what you are asking here.
    There are so many different sizes out there.
    And a lot of people are going to pass on this thread because it's easily answered in the previous threads.
    You are obviously new here, so if you read the first post that says please read this before posting you will know that we have a feature called search and it let's you look for specific questions like D44 ring gear sizes.
    I would do the search for you if I had time, but I am at work and wanted you to get your answer.
    If you do a search you can get instant answers, especially for a common question like this one.
    Welcom and I hope you don't get offended by this reply, some do but hey it's their loss, lots of info here ready for the grabs, just do a search.
    If you have a question that has no answer in these threads, then you will notice many replies will go to your question.
    We need new challenges.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

off of my head a few numbers:
    2.73:1
    3.08:1
    3.42:1
    3.73:1
    4.10:1
    4.56:1
    Those were GM sizes.
    There are many more in different brands plus after market gears that go up to 4:88 ~ 6.5:1

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

To add to what was said;

To keep the same carrier within gearsets, 4.11 and numerically lower all fit the same carrier. 4.56 and numerically higher interchange. Don't know exactly what the question is, but I thought I would throw that out there...

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I don't know if I miscounted or what but my K5s rear 10 bolt has 2.8. 42 ring teeth and 15 pinion teeth.

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Swanson....correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC the carrier breaks for a D44 are 3.73 & numerically lower / 3.92 & numerically higher. I think you are talking about the D60 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Actually you could have that, I have seen a lot of combinations but I believe the ones I listed are most common, I also have seen 42:13 which gives 3.23:1
    and 39:10 which is 3.9:1

8. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Swanson....correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC the carrier breaks for a D44 are 3.73 & numerically lower / 3.92 & numerically higher. I think you are talking about the D60

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you are correct. I have had D60 on my brain the last couple months. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif