Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 3/4 ton Calipers?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TONYP, Jan 15, 2004.

1. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Has anyone done the change over from the 1-ton calipers to the 3/4-ton ones?
    I saw some brackets for this and looks to drop some lbs. off the axle... /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

no, but i want your 1-ton calipers if you do /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

FINALLY! Someone to make some brackets for the D60 to fit some 3/4 ton rotors and calipers!! I say "yes!" go for it! I've seen lots of pictures of this setup and it seems very simple to make and work.

Let me know when you get some brackets made. I want to buy some. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

seems like a down grade in braking power to me!

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Does that mean that NO grinding would be necessary to use 15" wheels?? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

WMS had a kit, of sorts, that keeps an 8-lug design but uses a 1/2 ton caliper set up and allows 5" of bs on a 15" steelie with no grinding at all. I don't know if they have it still but I am sure there are pics roaming around somewhere.

7. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Yep I have. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG]
    And yes that means you can fit a 15 inch wheel with NO grinding.

8. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

This is the kit from wagone rmachine

Kit allows the use of 15" wheels on 1 ton king pin Dana 60 front ends and comes complete with loaded calipers, brackets, and rotors.
    $550.00

Seems a bit pricey

9. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I bought the brackets from a guy that fabs jeep parts for 150.00 and you all already know how cheep you can get the calipers and rotors.

10. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

OK, I'll ask, are there any more for $150??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

TonyP, are you looking for them, or are you offering to make some? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd like some for $150

[hijack]TonyP, BTW, the D60 shims were the perfect solution.[end hijack]

Thanks!
    (And get on those D60 3/4 ton brackets already!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)
    Byron

11. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I was surfing the other day and ran across the brackets and wanted to know if they were on anyones truck, I might have a go at them...I'll let you know. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I looked for his web site but it looks like its down. I think it was www.jbs4x4.com

13. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Hate to beat a dead horse here. If you were to buy this kit, that makes it cool for the front, but how about the rear? Will the 15" wheels fit over the FF big rear drums? There's no way to have a 14BFF rear with 6 lugs right?

14. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

15" Steel wheels fit just fine over the big ol' drums. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    There are 2 ways to have a 6 lug 14B FF its been talked about nearly 4 times in the last 3 weeks. Either adapters or new hubs.

15. thatK30guy

Paging TONYP...paging TONYP... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Still got plans to make these brackets? I'm still interested... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

16. owen

owen 1/2 ton status

Would I seem stupid if I ask if the brackets used on the 14ff drum to disc swap could be used???

17. bluejeep

bluejeep 1/2 ton status

I have the JB's brackets on my Jeep's HP60 with Chevy 60 outers. They fit pretty well after massaging them with a 2lb hammer, but definitely worth the $130 they cost. They allow you to run the 1/2 and 3/4 ton caliper with the 3/4 ton rotors. Both these calipers are the same for those who did not know.

18. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    Would I seem stupid if I ask if the brackets used on the 14ff drum to disc swap could be used???

[/ QUOTE ]

The bolt pattern is different and the D60 bolt pattern surface is also larger in diameter. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

19. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i have a set of the caliper brackets....mine are completely flat...are the ones in the picture also? i plan on doin the 3/4 ton brake thing on mine,i got my brackets for 100 buks from a local guy i know....he tells me i will need to machine 3/4 of an inch off of the backside of the wheel hub surface to make this work?? is this true? thats whats keeping me from doin this.......although i dont have all the parts together to check all this out yet......

20. bluejeep

bluejeep 1/2 ton status

My JB brackets are offset in, no machine work necessary. Just put the 3/4 ton rotor on the hub and slip it on the axle. I **imagine** the ones in the picture are too, because you can see the bosses in the hub where the lugs go through. These would likely be machined off if you took 3/4" off the back side. Ford D60 hubs are much thinner in this area, and don't have the bosses.