Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 And Other Stuff Needed

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by senciman, Dec 12, 2004.

1. senciman

senciman Registered Member

D60 Frt Axle, King Pin, Full Width, High Pinyon
    42x17x15.5 Swampers Or Similar
    Winch-9k And Up
    Hope Someone Out There Can Help Me Out,
    Thanks
    Tony

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Not too familier with this size.

3. senciman

anything close to it will work, i just have a 17 wheel and i need them roughly 42" tall i dont care about the width as long as its wider than13.5. is that clear enough for ya, or do i need to show you with a tape, i dont live in the magazines so the excact size that the tire builders offer is no concern, 13.5 is a little to narrow and 15.5 is all i really have seen in that height
    so BACK OFF.......

4. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Dude, I think that Mark was trying to help you clarify so that maybe someone can help you out. Maybe you are the one that needs to back off....

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Maybe you should back off and take some time to learn about what you're looking for. You wont get much help on the net with that attitude. :surepal: :shame: :whistle:

6. senciman

marks an allright guy, maybe you didnt catch the humor in the back off statement, hmm. anyways i had a couple of other posts going and the same kind of remarks on those post by burblover, so i was simply letting him know im not here to be contantly flamed on each and every post i put up, as a matter a fact i told mark in the past i would help him get his new landscape co off the ground and talked him out of being a lawn maintenance guy, so maybe your jumping the gun a little, as far as knowing each and every tire size im to busy running four companies to be reading all the magazines,
    maybe ill clarify for you i need a tire size close to the dims. listed, the wheel has to be a 17" , ok-cool
    tony

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  7. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The whole tire size deal was strange because of the 15.5. Usually the rim size is the last number in the sequence. Example 285/75/16 (16" rim) or 42x15x16.5(16.5" rim)

8. senciman

ooohhh, i gotcha, my mistake
    today i was searching and they were listed like this14x39.5x15 on the swamper site and i thought that was strange

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  9. senciman

10. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

That is a ford front axle. It was only made for two years 78-79. They are rare to find anymore. The 17" wheels will limit you to IROK's for tires if you want something wider than 12" and taller than 38"

Just a little info.

11. senciman

not to mention the cost of those bad boys (axles), as far as the tires i may have to change the wheels to accomplish what im trying too, the iroks were on a buggy yesterday and i wasnt impressed but it was wet and a little muddy
    thanks,
    tony

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004