Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 bearing race/seal driver

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by greyhoundjc, Jun 13, 2006.

1. greyhoundjc

greyhoundjc 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a bearing race/seal driver for the large races and wheel seals for the dana 60 and 14 bolt. The biggest one I have is only 3.180''. Any ideas where to look? Thanks.

2. 86Cucvbeater

86Cucvbeater 1/2 ton status

In your toolbox. I use a hammer and drift usually. Dont know where to get the driver

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  3. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I have never seen any that big for the 14FF races so I machined my own. I think the race instaling kit I bought has a tool for the D60 races, would have to check to make sure though.

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

In case you did not know, the 14ff and the D60 use the exact same bearings and races. :thumb:

5. rdn2blazer

its been a while since I made the tool I did, is'nt the inner bearing race in the hub alot bigger on a14FF? maybe that what I made it for. I know it was for one that I did not have in my kit. I will check tomorrow and post a pic of the installed race and tool too.

6. 4X4HIGH

Same exact races in both D60 and 14ff, the spindle nuts are also the same. Nice to only need one spare to cover either axle.

7. rdn2blazer

here is the tool I made for the bigger race that my installing kit does not cover. the one on the left is the 3.180 and the right is 3.5 I made. do I need to start making these and selling them? :D

Dscn1217.JPG

8. 4X4HIGH

How much $$$. Not that i have a hard time installing races with a drift but the correct tool for the job is always nice to have.

9. rdn2blazer

I think 20 bucks plus shipping is a good price for me to do it. if thats worth it to ya let me know.

10. 4X4HIGH

Is that for the driver handle as well? Looks to me like you made a larger diameter handle as well.

11. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

I know my dodge d60f (internal type) has different inner bearings than the 14bff I have.

the difference is the chamfer on the bearing cage.

12. rdn2blazer

yes. and yes I did. it would be exactly like mine. you can turn the race side over to drive the seals too, you can see the ring mark on the face around the flat head bolt from the handle. ofcourse you can use it to drive smaller seals to if the seal is smaller the the tappered dia. you dont have to turn it over.

13. 4X4HIGH

Cool, sign me up for one. I can't do it until the end of the month when payday rolls around again as i'm currently about out of money from this money tree i've been spending from. If you want you can ship now and i'll paypal you cash at the end of the month or just wait for my cash either way will work just let me know.

14. rdn2blazer

I will look into starting a paypal account tomorrow, get a few machined up, let you know when Im done with the first one, then you can make the paypal pmt when your ready and I will ship it that day or the next at latest. I am goint to look into a vendor account, I need to start selling a few things I make anyways. extra side cash never hurt anyone. I will get shipping cost tooit wont be much as this is not heavy at all.

15. rdn2blazer

4X4HIGH, I was told earlier that when I offered to make some to sell to you and others, might be a problem with Steve, so I have pm'ed him to let him know I did not know it was or could be a problem and asked how or what I should do to fix the situation. so for now I am not doing anything with out his blessing. if he says I have to become a vendor to sell anything the 100 bucks is not worth selling a couple for 20 bucks, hope you understand. I dont want to get in trouble here or piss anyone off over this. will let you know when I here from him.

16. 4X4HIGH

Sounds fair. Not sure it's going to be a big deal since you weren't here advertising them for sale but rather came up among our discussion.

17. pomai

pomai 1/2 ton status Premium Member

When ever you work things out, I would like to purchase one.
    Thanks, Ed

18. greyhoundjc

greyhoundjc 1/2 ton status

I definitely will take one for 20 bucks if you are able to get everything worked out. Please let me know. Thanks.

19. rdn2blazer

ok guys, I got the go ahead from Stave to sell a few here, he said no big deal since it came up in canversation. I told him I would limit it at 4 max then it would justify maybe paying for a vendor account. there are a ton of parts I could make and sell so it probably is worth it anyways. so I am machining some up and will have them done in a day or so. I have tried to setup a paypal account but having some problems, waiting for a representive to contact me to find out what the problem is. I will private message each one of you to let you know when there ready. thank you for being patient. im working on it. there is one more spot for one at 20 bucks plus shipping, when I go vendor they will probably go to 25 bucks plus shipping each.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  20. rdn2blazer

paypal account is good now. will let everyone know as soon as I have them machined up.