Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 Brake line Question, Extended not working

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

OK, I originally put the Napa extended brake lines on my 10 bolt and have been working fine. Just got done putting in the D60 and at full droop the napa lines are about 5" shy of even coming close to the caliper. Caliper brackets only fit one way so the caliper has to be in the correct position, so I'm stumped. I'm only running 4" springs, 1.5" shackle and with the frame on jack stands and the axle hanging by the springs, they aren't even close. Anyone know which ones to go with now?

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Just go get some extensions. That is what I did. I know I have posted the part numbers here before.
    They will gove you an extra 11 inches

3. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

found

I searched your posts and found it. 14 is a lot when I'm only needing like 7 more, course I never would have to worry about them ever being too short again.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

you could drop the line to a lower point on the frame to help. i took my 83 and cut off line brackets and remounted them to the bump stop spots as i ran 6" lift front. worked great.