Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 caliper leaking

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, Apr 28, 2003.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I have a rebuilt Dana 60 front caliper and it's leaking at the piston.
    I have a lifetime warrantee on it, but the problem is that I have it ground down to fit a 15" wheel so I don't want to excharnge it and then grind another one.
    I got a rebuild kit and rebuilt it, but it's still leaking. I'm guessing the piston itself or the caliper housing is scratched or something, but anyway even after I replaced both seals it still leaks.

Anyone have a similar problem? Unless someone has an idea, I'll just exchange it and have to grind another one /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

-- Mike

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

oh well, if its a autozone one, they take my stuff back in a pinch, funny [censored], i had a stock size sterrign stabilizer that i bought theree, took it back 3 times because it wasnt working right, in a 2 month period, so then i took it back and said id like a better one and they bring out the Silver E steering shock, and it was cheaper, bigger and still a lifetime warennntee, cant beat a lifetime warennntee at automoan. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif