Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 caliper problems/questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BlueOx, Dec 11, 2003.

1. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

I was driving around the other day and heard a grinding noise coming from the driver’s side front hub. I drove it some more and hit a small bump in the road at about 15-20 mph and the whole front end started to shake violently. I went back home and took the wheel off and found that the caliper was loose, the rotor had about 1/8” play from the hub, and the bearings were shot. I replaced the bearings and fixed the rotor/hub play but the caliper was giving me problems. The axle is a D60 so I not used to the caliper. The caliper has a sleeve (for lack of a better word) that slides in between the caliper and the axle. This sleeve is there and is bolted down but there is still a lot of movement. I can shake it all around. I thought the sleeve was bad so I bought a hardware kit from the parts store. It comes with a sleeve, a bolt, and a spring of some type. When I took off the caliper I didn’t have this spring so now I have no idea where is goes. I broke out the shop manual and it shows the spring but not where it goes or how to install it.

Does anyone have any real pictures of it installed or could explain it to me. I did a search but found nothing. Oh, one more thing where does the anti-rattle clip go too.

Thanks

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The springs lays directly on top of the "sleeve". From the top down you should have : caliper / spring / sleeve / mounting bracket. Stack the spring and sleeve together and then drive them into place under the caliper. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

Thanks