Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana 60 camber adjustment

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by no1tncowboy, Dec 16, 2001.

1. no1tncowboy

no1tncowboy Newbie

Does anyone know how to adjust the camber for a dana 60? The king pin bushings are new and its still out,but the top of the tire is leaning out and the bottom in. If the housing was bent or parts wore i would think it would be the opposite because of the weight of the truck.I was told to have the housing bent!!!!! This is not what i would like to do. Any help??

Thanks
    Gregg

2. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

You can get spindle shims for them. Not sure where, mine came with steel ones.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

3. no1tncowboy

no1tncowboy Newbie

thanks for the reply.Does these shims go where the spindle bolts up and do you know of anywhere to look for these

4. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

What is your D-60 out of ? GM-Ford-Dodge! On my Blazer when I was putting the front axle together I noticed has soon as I put the spindles on something didnt look right,both spindles were angled down slightly.I had just put Ford steering knuckles on a GM 60 housing and fiquired that Ford must have different camber specs than GM and its built in the knuckles. You dont even notice it now that its altogether and the Blazer drives and steers excellent!

RGF