Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 Day Trip with pictures

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 8, 2007.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    Left Wednesday morning about 10am and went across the state to pick up 3 Dana 60's. No, not all mine, but a friend got a bunch of parts from his brother in Alaska. Had to be shipped down to Seattle, then we had to run over to pick it all up.

3 Dana 60 fronts, 3 14-bolts, one TH400/205, two 465/205s, and one core TBI 350 motor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then met a few people to sell some parts I had, and over to Kenny's house to pick up a TH400/208 that another friend of mine bought and I was transporting. By our return trip, we were fairly well loaded.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Strange... my friend randomly snapped a picture out the passenger window as we were driving by some people pulled over on the side, and viewing it reveals... kind of an odd situation... are those toys stuck in that guy's grille? All he did was take the pic to "flash" the people with the camera flash, and we were going at least 40-45 mph, I'm surprised it came out so clear.
    [​IMG]

I didn't take this picture either.
    [​IMG]

On the way back I noticed one tire had a small bulge... I figured it may or may not blow out on us. About 150 miles later, it did. Also, the small exhaust leak from the drivers side manifold doughnut gasket developed into a huge leak, with the pass side also blowing out the exhaust gasket... so basically open headers sound the last half of the trip home.
    [​IMG]

Made it back home about 3am.

2. K30Blazer

K30Blazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

good haul. Go buy a camera that isn't fuzzy ! ;)

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Those look like road markers stuck in the grill!!