Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 diff options and gear question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Langosta39, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

I want to put something in place of my open front diff, but steering is important to me since I wheel on ice/snow and mud a lot, has anyone tried a geardriven limited slip up front before? I have heard they are good becasue they won't let one tire run away with the power no matter how little traction, but never seen one in action. Do they even make one for a D60?

Also, I put a detroit in my 14FF but didnt mark the bearing preload nuts (the things on the side of the carrier with all the holes in them) so I have to readjust them. Does anyone know when setting up gears if a micrometer can be used or do I have to find a "lash checking" tool?

Thanks,
    andy

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You need a depth tool and a way to hold it to the housing in order to check the backlash. No way to use a micrometer. </font color>