Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 Dually to single wheel conversion

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudbug, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Mudbug

Mudbug Registered Member

I have a 79 dually 4x4 dana 60 front gm 14 rear.. I'd like to make it single wheel and have them properly proportioned of course... as far as the dana 60 what all is involved? just a new caliper or what?
    and the dually gm 14 bolt is shorter right??
    thanks in advance for any advice!!!

Ooo that Itty bitty teenie weeny thing they call the MUDBUG!!
    So what do you call it? A MUDBUG! or blazer :-)

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

From a parts point of view, the 60 is easy to convert. The only thing you should have to change is the bearing hub itself. I'm 90% sure the rotors are the same but I've never tried them on a single wheel hub. The brakes, spindle and locking hubs are all the same.

Are you sure about the rear axle? A Chevy dually pick up should have had a Dana 70HD in the rear (this axle is also almost a foot wider than the average single wheel rear end). For the 73 to 91 body truck, only a cab-chassis dually would have had a 14 bolt - which would be considerably shorter.

80 K10 w/ 468 and 1 ton stuff
    You don't scare me, I got chunks of guy's like you in my stool!
    www.nvrenuf.fws1.com

3. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I converted a duelly front to a single using all the same parts. I am looking for a set hubs to do a tech artical for CK5 people. Let me know if you are interested.

<font color=blue> So Cal Big Dawg Member </font color=blue>