Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana 60 dually

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by extremeblazer, Dec 5, 2000.

1. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

how much wider is a dana 60 dually from rotor to rotor than a regular dana 60?

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>From what I've seen, the dually ones are the same as the regular ones but with wheel adapters on them. I'm pretty sure they unbolt from the hub. Dynatrac will sell you the parts to convert it, but everything they make is $$$$$$$$$$$$$. It is possible to swap on non-dually hubs and rotors if you can find them.</font color=blue>

3. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I've had many questions about the dually 60 and converting it to single wheel so I called Dynatrac and Boyce to get the scoop. You need to replace the entire hub assembly. This is the large heavy part that the hubs, rotor go on to and the bearings go inside the inner part. The rotors are the same but the dealer wants to sell you both hub and rotor (hub/rotor assembly) for $500 each. Dynatrac will sell the assembly for $279 each and Boyce will do an exchange for for the dually hubs for $200 each. I think Boyce is more than dynatrac if you don't have any hub assem. to trade. Brakes and locking hubs (Warn) are the same for either. I'm not sure what the width is though.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods[​IMG]

4. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

That is why dually 60 front ends are cheaper than non-duallys. I sold a dually 60 a few years ago and "only" got $700.

ken

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Hey Ken, do you have a website up? I would like to see your rigs! :)

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

6. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

No not yet. I just got a digital camera, just need to find time.

ken