Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 find disappointment

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Oct 31, 2003.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Found one last week for $300...........it was a D44 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Found one today for $75 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif............It was a 14BFF /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

WTF are people trying to do to me? Talk about excitement to huge disappointment /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you are looking for a front D60 then you need to wait to get excited until you find the $700.00 D60 as it probably is a front D60.

3. If you're looking for a cheap D60 then check out Wes' post . He says you can get them for $500. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

When you think abought it 75 for the 14 bolt is still a good deal.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's probably the water there..........

6. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I had a few deals fall through and got pissed,drove 6 hours, and just went and plunked down $1200 for a realy clean one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I prolly could have waited around for a cheaper one,but maybe not.When I want (need!)something I hate screwing around,I just want to find what I need and go git it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I prolly woulda bought that 14 bolt /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah everyone around here knows what a d60s worth and never see misprints saying otherwise. If they say ford axle I know right away its the rear. Even if its not the rear it may be driver side axle. Which I may be converting too at sometime. Don't like the puting ford parts in a Chevy but high pinion d60 may be what my K5 gets.

8. the cork

the cork 1/2 ton status

[Don't like the puting ford parts in a Chevy but high pinion d60 may be what my K5 gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not? its made by dana anyway, not furd, i couldnt find
    a ford 60 anywhere near, had to settle for a 44 just to get the ball moving, rather drive it than park it and wait,

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    If you're looking for a cheap D60 then check out Wes' post . He says you can get them for $500. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well I already checked out Wes's post /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Yeah I already have a 14B plus a spare. I paid $75 for the one I run plus $80 for the Detroit carrier and gears /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll just keep lookin people around here don't know what they have so hopefully find one cheap. Anybody in the Nor-cal Reno area need a 14BFF Pm me maybe we can work something out. The guy thinks it has 4.11's but who know's he also thought it was a D60 front.

11. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    I picked one up for $300, 4.10's good working condition...

A whole dodge 1 ton 4x4 can be found for $500...It's all where you look. I guess theres not enough people in british columbia that need them...although I do see them going to a grand (canadian funds) now and then.