Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 frnt Dual to single hub conv. question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Liberator, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

I'm currently in the process of changing my Dana 60 dually hubs to a single. I've been trying to locate the rotors and the parts stores come up with two different part numbers. The Dana 60 is from a '78 one ton. Can anyone shed some light on this situation and tell me which rotors I need? I told them the truck is a '78 one ton 4x4 non-dually. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Bo

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There are only two dana 60 rotors. I don't know why I can't remember the part number but you just need single wheel rotors for a regular K30.

3. utchev

utchev Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    There are only two dana 60 rotors. I don't know why I can't remember the part number but you just need single wheel rotors for a regular K30.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you needed single rear wheel bearing HUBS. Available at Six States, a couple of good vendors on PBB (probably here) and sometimes on e-bay. You're looking at around $200 per side plus bearings and seals.

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The rotors themselves are the same from SRW to DRW. The reason for two part numbers is different size lug holes. The rotors from a DRW application will fit an SRW but you'll need to drill out the lug holes to allow the studs to go through. I can't remember the drill bit size but it's listed in the Billavista D60 Bible on Pirate.

5. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

Thank you for all your help. I was scratching my head with this one. I thought the rotors should be the same. It's hard to find the right parts when the auto parts stores don't stock what I'm looking for.

Bo

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif