Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 front brakes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mpascino, Oct 15, 2001.

1. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Just did a d60 conversion. Now my brakes are spongy as can be. Do I need to use a bigger master cylinder? Anyone who has any insight help me out [​IMG]!
    Thanks,
    Mike

You call that dirty!?

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

well...the 44's are not helping any [​IMG]
    i did a d60 swap a few weeks back and my brakes are working great. i would check the usual suspects, pads, fluid level, etc. they are 1 ton brakes should work great. Mine do...i can stop on a dime! [​IMG]

-Zakk
    '77 K5 SB 400 TH350 NP203 p/t 6" Lift D60 14BFF 4.10's 36"Wrangler II's

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Also did the D60 swap a few months ago and had that problem.........only thing that worked for me is POWER BLEEDING. Had it done at a dealership for $60, major difference after that. 4X shops can do it too.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

4. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Everything is new, I have access to a power bleeder, That will be my next task. I was pretty sure we had all the air out of them but the power bleeder is pretty amazing with that kind of stuff[​IMG]. Thanks for the advice guys.
    Mike

You call that dirty!?