Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 front caliper removal?? Help, gasp, cough...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tomseviltwin, Jun 24, 2002.

1. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

How do you do it. Ive got hubs and spindle nuts out already. What now? Trying to get driveshafts out to replace axle joints.

2. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

There is one bolt that you have to remove it takes a allen head to do it take it out and just tap the lock out watch the top peice how it comes out the tangs go down

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

4x4K20 is correct about the procedure to remove; however, I might add that taping didn't quite cover what had to be done to get mine to move. It took a BFH & BF chisle to get the job done.

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Thanks, one side came right off. The other took the BFH approach. I got the axle shafts off now. I can't believe how much crap came out on the long shaft side. How did you clean this out or did you? Thanks for advice.

5. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

to clean out the axle tubes i took a long piece if 3/8 round stock and threaded one end.then i put a washer(about a inch around)on the threaded end and a nut on each side of the washer to hold it in place.you could just weld a good size washer on the end of a piece of round stock.then slide it in the tube making sure you don't push any crap in the diff.and scrap out the tube.if you do this often enough you won't get a massive build up of crap in there.this is the best tool if you run in the mud alot.