Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 HD rear

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bshewmaker, Nov 19, 2004.

1. bshewmaker

bshewmaker Registered Member

What would I have to do to replace the 30 spline axles in a 60 rear with 35 spline axles. Besides changing (obviously) the axles and the carrier. I know Im going to have to do something with the spindles, but what I dont know is if I should bore them out or replace them whit d60hd ones, or d70's. Last night on pirate I got a little confused about this, someone was saying that you should cut the spindles off a 14bt and weld them on a 60? Dont know anything about this.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you could cut and weld 14 bolt spindles. If I were building a built 60 rear I probably would go that route. Call Superior Axles and Moser Engineering and ask them their 35 spline shaft diamater and how it will fit through the spindle. That is your real answer. No conjecture of people saying its this big or won't fit or whatever people want to spout off about(especially at pirate) When you call ask how 40 spline works and let me know /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif