Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 high steer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 86K5TrailBlazer, May 31, 2002.

1. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

Well , I am looking forward to dropping this 60 I got under the blazer, so I am thiking steering. I have decided to go ahed and do high steer, I love the way steves came out, but am going a different route. I got a pair of Extreme and they are currently tapped for 1 ton tre's and as you can see <a target="_blank" href=http://www.myk5.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=d60&amp;page=1>here only have the one hole so to stick with this i would use inverted t setup like and early bronco this using heavy duty rod ends. As far as some you so saying they wont last, I would want to try these and see if they hold , they do look better thatn the $20 once people usualy complain about what do you guys think?

2. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

I don't see why it wouldn't work if you go with the hiem joints why couldnt you put one on top and one on bottom so that the leverage would be split and not so much at the top of the bolt...plus gauranteed not to hit eachother..ever.

Chris

3. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

that was my main concern, drag link tie rod interference, s well as the setup as a stacked single shear, the guy selling those kits though assured me that these bolts are strong and that the knucke would bust first, still im skeptical any one else?

Does anyone here have inverted t setup on a blazer? and how is that working for you?

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The only thing I do not like about running the drag link into the tie rod is that the tie rod will "roll" as your wheels turn, seems like that would add a little more movement in the steering (drag link), but since I have never run a setup like that I can't say for sure.