Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DANA 60???? IS this what I should use?? (front)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by StiffRide81, Sep 17, 2002.

1. StiffRide81

StiffRide81 Registered Member

EVERYBODY keeps talking about a DANA 60... where can I find one??? My uncles OWNS a junkyard... what kind of vehicles did they come in???? I probably could get them... Hell, If I wanted to... I know I could get ahold of 2 and a half ton diffs!!!!!!!!but, i really dont want to do all that!! I simply need to know what I can get a DANA 60 front Differential out of.... I need something tuff for my front end!!! But remember people... I just bought a 4" lift kit for a half ton blazer... will this new diff have an effect on the diff?? or could I make up for it with a quad shock setup??? Please somebody let me know what the hell I should go with for the front of my truck... where can I find them..(vechile types that come with them) and how much it would cost me to have one freshened up!! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif I would really appreciate it... thanks!!!!!!!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

K30's (Chev or GMC one ton 4x4 77-91)...or one ton Dodge (newer, pre-coil spring. 85-93?) A few guys are running the dodge front ends so they can be made to fit. The differences are small apparently.

Another option is the front diffs from a military 5/4 ton 4x4. Basically a K30 for the military. These will run you a bit more initially but are usually low mile and have great gears (4.56's)

Rene

3. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

If you find one and are not going to use it I'll buy it off of you. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. StiffRide81

StiffRide81 Registered Member

K30's are like those big box trucks right??? Like the cube trucks that are big.. and 1 ton load capacity?? IF so, I can DEFINATLEY get ahold of them! Like plenty of them.... Please let me know.. thanks. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

You might be talking about medium duty trucks, which are usually 2WD. A K30 is a one-ton Chevy pickup. It looks just like a half-ton or 3/4-ton, but it has different stuff underneath.

6. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

What a Dana 60 looks like.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey...I recognize that D60/forums/images/icons/wink.gif Almost too purdy to put under my truck/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

8. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Check here: http://www.car-part.com
    This is a junkyard data-base!!!

Do a search on 84' Chevy K30 All States Front Axle (4WD)

Since your uncle owns a yard maybe he can get you one of these!!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

Why dont you try using the search button /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif There is alot of info 60's.

10. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

HeY MY d60 DIDNT LOOk LIKE THAT

11. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Nice link. Thanks.

12. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool, I've found many parts from that site!! Everday, more junk yards are using this site!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

13. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Well it aint to purdy to put under mine. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I have been on and off working on my rig since July it uscks not having her in parking lot. Need to get moving on my D60.

14. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Go to my profile and click on the "webshots.com" link and view some pics of my K30's I have, past and present. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif