Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 lug studs, part # anyone?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Feb 7, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Anyone know the part number or info on a Dana 60s lug studs? I need to put new ones on my high pinion. Want to have the info before I got to the store since my axle is 300 miles away I don't need to buy the wrong ones.

2. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Donno about your high pinion, but chevy apparently had two part numbers for lug studs, the ones I needed have a .650 diameter knurl, they are Dorman p/n 610-283. There is also a lug stud with a bigger knurl, like .670 or something. I don't know the p/n for that one, but it's on the pirate site in the D60 bible. That's where I got the first one from. It's in the section where they talk about converting drw hubs to srw hubs. My dodge d60 uses the .650 diameter studs, but 1/2" threads. I ordered new chevy ones, 9/16-18 thread, from rockauto yesterday, 1.80 or so each. Hope they fit right.

3. bluejeep

bluejeep 1/2 ton status

I just put 9/16 studs in a high-pinion D60 for a customer to match the studs on the 14 bolt. Had to have a machine shop ream the holes for the studs to fit, after that no problem.

Studs are for an early '90's F350 D60, the later ones had 9/16" studs factory (78-79 had 1/2" ones).

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

mines a 79 and I have a 14 bolt rear. Have to think about having that done.