Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 newbie ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Jun 26, 2006.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Alright i feel real dumb, im trying to take apart my dana 60 to get the axle shafts out, im stuck on the spindle nut. I have the correct tool, and im using a breaker bar i cannot loosen up the nut. I have tried turning it both ways, left at first then right, i try but nothing, most of the time the tool just slips off of the nut too. I though i would try beating it with a screw driver and hammer for a while to maybe shock it loose, but doesnt seem to work. So which way does it actually come off? regular thread right?

2. nemesis_pyros

nemesis_pyros 1/2 ton status

If they are really tight we just put the socket on an impact and zap it off. Works everytime, prolly not good for the socket though.

3. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

A couple of things, first is it is regular thread so "righty tighty, lefty loosey"...Slow constant pressure has always worked best for me, and yeah there is a lot of greese in there, so having someone push the socket on while you apply pressure will help, if you are a solo cat like me, then try pushing on the socket witt your knee...

4. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

well hey i got it! finally dug up a decent punch instead of screw driver.. and went to town, thanks for the tips though!