Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 parts list

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ramses, Jun 18, 2006.

1. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

Well I finally got me a Dana 60 donor, a 1986 K30 crew cab, ill try to post pics of it some day. Im trying to gather all the parts I need to put it under my truck and im havin trouble with a few things. I need longer brake hoses, a Lock-Rite locker, a 4.10 ring and pinion and carrier, and a u-bolt and stud kit. Im having trouble finding brake hoses long enough for my lift, im not sure where is best to get the locker from, I dont know where to get a u-bolt and stud kit, and most importantly, I cant find a carrier for the 4.10 gears. Anything I didnt list I can get locally or doesnt need replaced.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a factory open carrier for a chevy D60 4.10 - down. Make me an offer, you pay shipping. I'm on the west coast so shipping may kill it but thought i'd throw it out there anyways.

3. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

Any idea on what shipping would be? Id pay a reasonable price for one if I could find one, I dont think they sell for too much do they? Ive seen 4.56 carriers for really cheap on Ebay before but I dont really know what theyre worth.

4. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

5. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

I shipped a carrier, ring, and pinion most of the way across country.

Id estimate $40-$50 for you...

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I got my U bolts & stud kit from Superlift. I also have a a D60 4.10 open carrier that is brand new in the box. The guy I bought the 60 from, bought it, but never put it in. I'd sell it cheap since I have no use for it and it's just taking up space. I went with a detroit locker for the 60, and 4.88's.

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

8. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

Just tell me what you want for the carrier and how much shipping will cost, I need it as soon as I can get it.

9. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have 4.10 gears and carrier out of my Chevy D60. I had them listed locally for $50/each.

10. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

txfiremank5 said I could have his carrier for $30 plus shipping, I need a ring and pinion too but I should probably go with a new one. If I bought a used carrier with the gears in it would I still need to buy an installation kit to install them?
    vbmenu_register("postmenu_1593772", true);

11. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you're going to buy new gears or a new install kit then I'd buy two sets of new gears and install kits and get rid of the 4.10s. New gears and install kits are about $225/each for a D60.

I've done lots of gear swapping (sometimes a different set of gears on a different carrier in a 10 year different case) and if I'm going to put used gears in I'm not going to spend the money on an install kit. But, Dana axles are more of a PITA because the shims are on the wrong side of the carrier bearings.

I haven't pulled the pinion out yet to see what it looks like but I was thinking ~$100 shipped. I think the carrier is around 35lbs and the ring/pinion is about 35lbs so I suspect UPS ground will be $30-35 which I can deal with.