Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 perches..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90blzr, Jul 23, 2001.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

How much taller are the D60 (front) spring perches than a 10 bolts? I dont have the D60 with me and forgot to measure it last night. Just doing some thinking here at work.
    And the 14 bff perches are the same as the 10 bolt right?

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

To my knowledge, it's not so much the spring perches that are the big difference, but the fact the the D60 tubes are bigger in diameter. Since the height of the vehicle is affected by the difference in height from the axle (tube) centerline to the top of the spring perch, that would be a best indicator. I want to say it's roughly 7/8 of an inch between the D60 and GM 10 bolt, but I do not have the axles in front of me to check. Maybe Wes or someone else can help. If not let me know and I will measure tonight when I get back to the house.

If you didn't build it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Ok, that makes sense, I can measure tonight, I just thought I'd ask while I was thinking today. Do you know what the measurement is on the axle tubes on the D60 and 10b?

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 90blzr on 07/23/01 06:28 AM.</FONT></P>

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

The 77 and newer D44's and 10B's have a 3" o.d. tube and the D60's are a 3 1/4" o.d. tube.

As for the perch height, I dont know right off the bat, but would have to go out and measure them. The D60 perches ARE taller than the 44's and 10's, probably by no more than a 1/2".

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Basically I just need to know how much extra lift I am looking at with a D60 rather than my 10 bolt. Thanks guys!!
    And since the 14 bolts tubes are bigger does that mean there is additional lift back there too? I know it will be minimal, but I'm curious.Thanks guys!!

Wes, man your sigs are HILARIOUS! [​IMG]

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You're correct Wes (as always) that the perches are taller, I just wanted to point out, that tube diameter also made a difference because the original post only asked about the perch height.

If you didn't build it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?

7. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

My front Dana 60 gave me .8" more lift with both the larger tube and spring perch included.
    CB

1973 K5, 400TPI,TH350, 203/205, Dana60/Detroit/5.38 front and rear, 4" lift, 38" TSL's on steel wheels