Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 Power Lock

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by nvrenuf, Jul 2, 2006.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Edit...

Ok guys, I found one local that I just couldn't pass up. Thanks for all the help looking!!

Thanks again b454rat, I hope you see this before you go to the salvage yard. :thumb:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I found a Dana 60 rear in the yard the other day that had 4.56s, I'll pull the cover and see what it is. I have a set of PL side gears that I don't need that can sell yah.

3. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Been there done that.

A Detroit Locker is more streetable than a Power Lock. At least the Detroit will unlock. A LS won't until you get a tire off the ground, then the tire in contact will spin freely...:crazy:

Why you going with a LS?

4. nvrenuf

I actually intend to restack the clutch to more or less lock it up. The reason I don't want a Detroit is I've heard a lot about the guts exploding from the shock of an axle breaking. I'll be running a 4spd, Doubler and 42's, I don;t plan on breaking axles but I think it may be a possibility.

5. nvrenuf

b454rat, sorry I got wrapped up replying to DPI and forgot to reply. :crazy:

If you could check that one that would be great! I have some 35 spline side gears (from my D70 P/L :doah: ) so I really just need a buildable unit for a 60. I appreciate your taking the time to check it and if the price is reasonable I'll gladly take it. :wink1:

6. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

I've got a builder unit out of a ford 60 with 16 spline side gears. Needs gears and clutches, but it's a 4.10 carrier. If this might work, PM me.
    Thanks, Jimbo

7. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Good point about the shock load and breakage. I know my power lock couldn't hold my 42's, but it was a stock type setup.

bttt for a bro.

dp

8. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wifey has a baby shower to go to Saturday afternoon, so no way in hell am I going, so will try to hit the yard then. That will be the only time where I will have time till next weekend.

9. nvrenuf

Ok guys, I found one local that I just couldn't pass up. Thanks for all the help looking!!

Thanks again b454rat, I hope you see this before you go to the salvage yard. :thumb: