Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 Price war

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gassman, Jul 12, 2000.

1. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

I must tell you that the price range on these axles are unbelievable. I have a 1972 blazer that I am building up to put it though what ever I want and want it bullet-proof.I have seen prices for a front dana 60 from $600.00 to $3200.00. Have talk to people from Boyce Equipment to Dynatrac products. All I want is a complete Dana 60 front axle with 4:10 / airlocker/ for a 1972 Blazer running 36 inch tires. Will pay the money for the right axle just a little frustrated. Help from you all on a fair price. Thanks. P.S have 454 motor for it thats why I want the dana60.

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Try going to the junkyard and getting one there. REbuild it and you might savw a few bucks. Round here you can get an o.k. dana 60 for bout 300cnd(thats bout 200 US) with 4:56 gears.

<font color=red>Chevy4x4<font color=red>[​IMG]
    http://fourbyfour.coloradok5.com

3. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

I doubt that you've seen a rebuilt Dana 60 anywhere for $600 with an ARB Air Locker (I guess that's the air locker you're referring to). You're right though that prices vary widely. The best two I've seen are Boyce equipment ($2505) with ARB and 4.56 gears, completely rebuilt and Hicks 4x4 ($2570); again completely rebuilt with ARB locker. I looked at rebuilding my own but for the labor, materials, and parts, there's very little difference in cost from buying it already done for me. The only other cheaper price I found was 4XHeaven but they had a limited supply and they're all gone now! (sucks to be me!!)[​IMG]
    Dynatrac is off the scale dollar-wise but they do make a good product and can build you a 6-lug version if you've got the bucks.

Good Luck
    Brian
    89KBlazer

4. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

You guys quit whining and put a crowbar in your wallet and order up a BRAND NEW Dana 60 front end from Brian on this thread, for $1395. He only has a few left, and I know everybody will be crying when they're gone!! Heck I'd buy one, but all my rigs have already been upgraded with 60s!! COME AWN!!!

ken

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Already in the works.

Steve

6. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Guess Boyce would be my best choice than, $2850.00 with $125.00 shipping to Northern Cailf. Tryed all the junkyards around my area but no luck. Also rebuild cost to think about. What about this junior member(ascendant)on this form, says has dana 60 starting at $600.00 what does that include. Does anyone close to Quincy Cailf. (northern Cailf) have one for sale.

7. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Who is this Brian and where is he located.

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Do a search for Dana 60 or something like that - he is located in Bend, Oregon.

<font color=black>'79 K5 - 406 w/IROC TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

9. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the information. will give it a try.

10. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

gassman,
    My name is Brian and I am the one with the 60's they
    are military surplus brand new not rebuilt with 4.56 gears
    and disc brakes my price is $1,395.00 firm and I could ship
    one to you truck freight COD if you let me know the area you
    live in and the local truck carriers in your area you can leave a message for me here or e-mail me at sgrossman@coinet.com I promise with one of these you will
    be a happy camper. Thanks. Brian

MUDNUT