Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana 60 questions?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Oct 4, 2000.

Has any one ever saw a dana 60 with no lockouts?Its in a k30
    crew cab.The funny thing is it looks like a np203 transfer case,has the np203 shift pattern and no lock outs.Craziest
    think I've ever seen.Some one mite have swaped it in but the diff has no lockouts?I thought all k30's had np205's,its also an auto truck which looks like a turbo 350.
    Any one have any ideas?
    Thanks

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

1. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Yes, no big revelation. ALL one ton Dana 60 equipped trucks prior to 1980 (that would be 1977-1979) have NP203 transfers behind their TH400 auto trannys. The only way you could get a 205 is with the 465 manual tranny. Therefore, the front 60 has driveplates and covers instead of locking hubs. Remember, this is for 1977-1979 one tons only.

ken

2. I'm sorry Ken,I had never seen this before.Didn't think I descoverd gold or anything.May I ask you a question?Why do you always seem to have such a wonderful disposition?
    Thanks for the reply

3. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

Hey-Ken knows his stuff. Be happy that people take the time to answer your questions.

4. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Boy, Don't you feel priviledged Big? And just because you have to be happy that someone takes the time to answer you question, it doesn't mean that he, or Titanic, are gonnna be happy about it!

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Dont feel bad 82, I thoght you did discover gold!!!![​IMG] That was a kind of smartass way to answer. If it is putting you out to share your knowledge then dont because somelse will and hopefullt without the attitude. When you answer questions qwith that attitude it makes others not want to post. I think we are all privladged to be here everytime i sign on. Just my .02 HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

6. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Good show "D". We all have plenty to learn! And I haven't found another site were you can get good help/responses!

7. Well Titanic the only reason for the attitude on my part is that this is not the first time for the bull$hit remarks.I am glad he replied to my post,but whats wrong with beeing fiendly in the process.I usally try to at least be cival when answering posts,even the realy stupid ones.Not any one person knows all there is to know about these trucks,but some people have a beter knowledge than others.Thats the thing I like about this web sight the most,if there is something you don't know or ever seen then you can ask someone else that might.I am glad that people with Ken's knowledge are on this web sight,its just that when you ask a question you don't need to be treated like you are a dumb a$$ when your tring to get info on things you don't know.I am thankful for all the help on this sight,I love to help people out on this sight because we all have the same hobby.If I affended anyone by my coments I am sorry.
    Thanks for the defence guys.

8. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

9. realsquash

10. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I called National Drivetrain and Dynatrac last night to confirm this. They both said that some D60's did come witht he fulltime plates with the 203's. So this goes along with the others replies.

One question Dyunatrac asked was if the hub with the Fuull time plates on it was short or long? Long meaning, like the 1/2 ton fulltime fornt ends that come pretty far outand then the plate comes off and you bolt on a lockout. Or if the protruding hub was short and closer to the wheel.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

11. realsquash

12. Emmettology 101

So, did you swap to a lockout, or are you running the full time set-up? If you went to a lockout, which ones did you get, and are they hard to find?

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

13. I think these are short EMMETT,I'm going to call them later
    and see if he will be there saterday for you to pick it up.

14. Emmettology 101

15. realsquash

16. Emmettology 101

Cool beans!!! Thanks... My buddy has a 3/4 ton 44(1971) that has huge hubs on it tha are multipiece. The cap and trun dial are one piece and the main body of the hub is external and another piece. Are they similar to these?

Tanks and sorry for all the questions.

Mike [​IMG]

17. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

What?! I am sorry if I sounded like I had an attitude when replying...that is definitely NOT my intention when replying here!! Sorry if it seemed like I did, but I DID NOT!! Anyways, Emmett, all Dana 60 lockouts were of the internal design, similar to the Dana 44/10 bolt style, where they are retained by a snap ring and have no external bolts (well, except for the tiny ones that hold the cap to the main body). unlike the pre-'77 3/4 ton 44s with their two piece style lockout with 6-3/8" bolts holding the hub main body to the wheel hub.

ken

18. Emmettology 101

19. realsquash