Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana 60 rebuild

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thezentree, Nov 22, 2003.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

does anyone make a rebuild kit for a dana 60 front end? seals and bearings and all. ive searched for this, but i can only find r&p installation kits... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

No you will just need to call end order every thing you can get a kingpin rebuild kit and a RP instal kit then you will need wheel, spindal and axle barings. and then ujoints and while your atit you may want to do the 35 spline and and locker. To rebuild my d60 plus upgrade to the 35 spline and a detroit locker all new seals barings brakes it was $1500 not including gears and that isif I put it together.

3. thezentree

that locker and 35 spline kit arent gonna be for a while /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif so i need a kingping rebuild, seals and bearings - whats a good place to get all this stuff from? ORD looks like it has a pretty good selection, i might call them later on this week. any other good places?

on a side note, am i gonna need to get new hubs, or will the ones on the axle work (assuming they function)? they're automatic locking, gonna be run off an NP241 (if it matters - ignorance is NOT bliss /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

5. thezentree

oh, and in the tech section of this site, i see there's a D60 maintainance/rebuild manual in .jpg images. anyone know where i can get a printable version of this?

6. thezentree

yeaaaa, how 'bout that manual?

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Believe it or not, nearly all of this stuff is available from your local Autozone. Tell them to open the Timken catalog and start ordering. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif