Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 rebuilders in CO?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by coloradoblazers, Oct 28, 2003.

1. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am hopeing to be out of Iraq by Christmas, and want to do a little winter wheelin. Before I left, I messed up my 60, any one know of a quality rebuilder in Colorado? I know its gonna be expensive, because the hubs and axles are f-uped, so where would be the cheapest. How much will this run? Any help would be much appreciated!
    J /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

I dont know any one thier but if you do it your self. This is what I have in to mine.
    35 pline stub axles 59 a side , barings abought 200 for whell berings spindal and master ring and pinnon kit. I think the lock out hubs were around 160 king pin kit was 80 for both sides detriot locker 440. My taltal shipped for every think new except inner axles, hubs, spindals, gears and the case its self came out to 1300. Notincluding the 40 for the 7/8 allen wrench for the king pins, gear oil brake cleaner, wd40 and the sand for the blaster.

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

What do you need to fix on it? I would do the work yourself..It is really pretty easy. Hell I could help you for the cost of a few beers...

4. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I think a few of us here in CO could help you out. Let us know when you get home. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Do it yourself. I am rebuilding one now, very easy.

6. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thought about doing it myself(haven't let anyone touch the truck but me yet), but don't have the time. I am stationed down in GA, so I will be going to CO on leave when I get back. Here is what is wrong: the front drivers side axle shaft has some play, enough so that the 4x4 wont work. I bought a spring and put it in between the hub and shaft for a temporary fix(but managed to f up the hub) the pinion oil seal is gone, and I can't seem to find the right replacement, the one that I get from part shops is wrong. I don't have a huge budget to drop into this, so I may end up doing it my self, but I just wanted to be able to drive it when I was home. Thanks for all offers, I still might take you up on them. Will probly be up in ft collins a bit, but mostly in the Denver & conifer areas.
    J /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif