Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana 60 score?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jaysonsk5, Feb 19, 2006.

1. jaysonsk5

jaysonsk5 1/2 ton status

i got me a gm dana 60 friday night for $500, deal right? well it's in good shape. it's all there but its a drw 60 and i run 44 boggers on 15's. so it would be cheaper to swap to srw hubs than go the hummer bead lock with 16.5 tire way so can you guys tell me what the best thing to do is? i see hummers cheap on here all the time but i only have the 60 and a srw 14bff. help?:confused:

2. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

you could machine down the drw hubs on the 60 to srw hubs, or gmpartsdirect.com has hubs and rotors for like 115.00 per side..

3. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I'd say look around for someone wanting to trade dually's for singles. they're out there. I was looking into it recently but then I decided to go a different route than hummers. Post ing the classified section here and also you might want to check out pirate

4. jaysonsk5

jaysonsk5 1/2 ton status

can you just swap the hubs or is there more to it?

5. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I believe it's a direct swap but don't quote me on that. I know it's been talked about quite a bit see if you can find anything on "drw to srw" or something like that under search.

6. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Yes it is a direct swap. I would recommend getting SRW rotors also as the holes in the rotor are smaller for the press-in studs. You can even reuse the locking hubs.

Ira