Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 Spindle socket part #

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by keith, Jul 25, 2002.

1. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I saw a post from my search that had pictures but no numbers. This is what I found at NAPA. # 3246 For use on 82-90 3/4 and 1 ton GM heavy duty trucks. This model is 4 prong. The 6 prong was for pre 82. $40

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

hey keith the dumb ass's at napa could not find a four prong D60 hub socket. i wound up ordering mine from snap on it was $55.95 plus shipping the snap-on part # is S6146. sorry can't help ya with napa i hope you have better luck. so i understand yer upgrading to 35 spline outers? were you get'm from and do you have reem out the spindle to accept the 35ers?

3. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

When I went to NAPA they had a rack right by the door that had the tools (brake, 4 wheel drive sockets). They had three versions to choose from. And there is no machining necessary for 35 spline shafts. It will be straight forward replacement. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Question is DID YOU GET THE RIGHT ONE????

Depdog /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Yes these numbers are correct. I pulled the hub and mine was a four pronger. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

the snap on book lists the 6 pronger as dana 70 only
    does anyone have a d60 that uses 6 prong?

on a side note when I was looking the numbers up I noticed the spindle puller on the same page so I will be getting one of those to keep up with RedDwarfs collection

7. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I have a Dana 60 from a 1978 Ford that uses a six prong. I bought the socket at Kragen. IT (the socket) was listed as Ford/Chevy 1 ton blah blah blah words words words (sorry I drank too much and can barely see the key board, let alone remember what the hell I was talking about) . But seriously, it did say Ford/Chevy 1 ton 4x4 something and it fit the 78' Ford Dana 60 front perfect.

8. m j

m j 1/2 ton status